These terms apply to the CIS Service which includes all of the CIS subscription packages, products, features, applications, services, technologies, and software as described in section 1.3.
1.2 Updating These Terms
1.3 The CIS Service
We agree to provide you with the CIS Service. The Service includes all of the CIS subscription packages, products, features, applications, services, technologies, and software that we provide to advance CIS's mission: to provide comprehensive real-time information on all key construction projects across all 32 counties of Ireland. Our highly qualified research team research valuable projects in great detail to ensure your business can make important decisions quickly and generate the right leads for your pipeline. The Service is made up of the following aspects (the Service):
- Upon agreement to a demo, a freemium subscriber gains access to a 3 day trial
- After 3 days, the trial reverts to 5 project views per month
- Covers All-Ireland projects
- Rolling contract – Opt out is easy and has immediate effect
- Receive auto-emails on saved project searches
- Freemium service ends after 6 months from date of first signup to a trial.
Premium Service (Online)
- 12 month contract unless otherwise agreed
- Unlimited project views based on package location
- Track project and company activity
- Get auto-emails on saved project searches
- Company Connections – Identify who your competitors and potential customers are working with
- Mapping – See project data on the map and plan routes for sales reps
- Mail Merge – Export active contact details to use in targeted email campaigns
- CIS CRM – Record notes and add recall dates on pursued leads
- Complimentary access to Sales and Research team assistance e.g. project queries, refresher training
- Payments can be made by monthly direct debit, credit card or annual payments.
Premium Service (ereports)
- Weekly email to prompt report download from CIS website
- Complimentary access to Sales and Research team assistance
Premium Service (tailored reports)
- Direct email with link to tailored report to download.
- Complimentary access to Sales and Research team assistance
Premium Service (Hardcopy report)
- Weekly hardcopy report of construction leads
- Complimentary access to Sales and Research team assistance
Self Build Service
- Project details on all single dwelling or residential extensions across All Ireland
- Covers Plans Submitted, Plans Granted and Commencement Stages
2.1. Who Can Use CIS Subscription Packages.
We want our Service to be as open and inclusive as possible, but we also want it to be safe, secure, and in accordance with the law. So, we need you to commit to a few restrictions in order to be part of the CIS community.
- You must be at least 16 years old. This website is a business and commercial site. As such, it is not intended for children or minors.
- You must only have one CIS account, which must be in your real name; and (3)
- We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 16.
2.2. Your Subscription
Subscribers (Premium and Freemium) are account holders. You agree to: (1) try to choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; (3) not allow access to any part of your account, (4) follow the law and our list of Dos and Don’ts, (5) in consideration of your use of the website you grant us the right to provide advertising, marketing and other information to you regarding industry news, other products and services provided by CIS, free reports and offers and (6) you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the website’s registration form (“Registration Data”) and maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is inaccurate, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the website.
You also agree to contact the Web Editor shown on the “Contact Us” section of the website in the event that you wish to update your Registration Data.
You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
If the Services were purchased by another party for you to use (e.g. by your employer), the party paying for such Service has the right to control access to and get reports on your use of such paid Service.
If you buy any of our paid Services (“Paid Services”), you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes and to additional terms specific to the paid Services. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your paid Services. Also, you agree that:
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
- We may store and continue billing your payment method (e.g. credit card) even after it has expired, to avoid interruptions in your Services and to use to pay other Services you may buy.
- If you purchase a subscription, your payment method automatically will be charged at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable to that period. To avoid future charges, cancel before the renewal date. You can cancel your subscription by emailing email@example.com Cancellation is subject to a 30 day notice period subject to expiry of contracted period.
- We may calculate taxes payable by you based on the billing information that you provide us at the time of purchase.
2.4. Notices, Messages & Communications
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address).
3. CIS Fair Use Policy
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Ensure the username and password allocated to you on registration is account details used solely by you;
- maintain the security of your user name and password and be fully responsible for all use of the Website made using your user name and password;
- Use your real name on your profile;
- Use the Services in a professional manner;
- Immediately notify CIS if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your user name and password or any other breach of security such as loss, theft or unauthorised disclosure by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org and until we are so notified you will remain liable for any unauthorised use of your account;
- Ensure that you exit from your website account at the end of each session;
You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on CIS, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Sharing your user name and password with any other person or making it available to multiple users on a network is strictly prohibited;
- Create more than one Freemium account for a person per subscription service. Multiple user accounts for companies are permitted but only where a real person is allocated an account per subscription service;
- Create an account using a temporary domain email;
- Interfere with or impair the intended operation of the Service;
- You can’t attempt to create accounts or access or collection information in unauthorised ways. This includes creating accounts or collecting information in an automated way without our express permission;
- You can't attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username) or solicit, collect, or use login credentials or badges of other users;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views);
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of CIS;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer);
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of CIS, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “CIS” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL without our consent;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by CIS without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an CIS researcher);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without CIS’s consent;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Services);
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Violate the Professional Community Policies or any additional terms concerning a specific Service that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Service.
3.3 Who Has Rights Under this Agreement.
- This agreement does not give rights to any third parties.
- You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent.
- Our rights and obligations can be assigned to others. For example, this could occur if our ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets) or by law.
4. Rights and Limitations
4.1 Service Availability
We may change, suspend or end any Service, or change and modify prices prospectively in our discretion. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you. We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether.
You can stop using our Premium Services by providing us with 30 days’ notice with 30 days’ notice upon completion of the agreed contracted term. There is a minimum of six month's contractual obligation when subscribing to any of our packages by way of monthly payments. CIS may also stop providing services to you or add or create new limits to our Services at any time.
Whilst CIS endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, it shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. You acknowledge that the Internet or CIS's systems, services and equipment may from time to time be inoperative in full or in part temporarily and without notice as a consequence of but not limited to, mechanical breakdown, maintenance, hardware or software upgrades, telecommunication connectivity problems or other facts beyond the control of CIS. You acknowledge that CIS will not be held liable for any failure or inability to provide continuous, error free, uninterrupted services under these or any other circumstances.
4.2 Links to Other Websites Disclaimer
This website contains links to third party websites. CIS does not own or control such third party websites and only provides links to other locations on the internet for information purposes. Access to any other website through this website is at your own risk. Your use of third party websites is subject to the terms and conditions of use contained within each of those websites. CIS is not liable or responsible for the accuracy of any information, data, opinions or statements on these websites or the security of any link or communication with those websites. The fact that CIS provides a link to a third party website does not mean that CIS approves, endorses, authorises, sponsors that website or accepts any responsibility for that website, its content or use, or the use of products and services made available through such website. We are not responsible for the actions, content, accuracy, opinions expressed, privacy policies, products or services provided through these links or made available through these resources or appearing in such websites, nor for any damages or losses, directly or indirectly, caused or alleged to have been caused as a result of your use or reliance on such websites.
If you use these links, you leave the Website. CIS has not reviewed, investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, completeness or conformance with applicable laws and regulations these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. CIS therefore does not endorse or make any representations or give any warranties of any kind, expressed, implied, or otherwise about them, or any material found on them, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
4.3 Intellectual Property Rights
By using this website you agree that all the information, communications, photography, text, images, graphics, software, trademarks, trade names, logos and other materials and services on this website (the "Content") are protected by copyright, trademark, database rights, sui generis rights and other intellectual property laws under the national laws of Ireland and International treaties. All property rights, title and interest in and to the Content shall be at all times and for all purposes remain vested in CIS and/or its licensors, as the case may be. You agree not to copy, modify, transmit, display, distribute, perform, reproduce, license, publish, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information contained on or forming part of this website, or otherwise use such Content of this website for re-sale, re-distribution or for any other commercial use, without the consent of CIS and/or its licensors as the case may be.
CIS reserves the right to limit your use of the Services. CIS reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if CIS believes that you may be in breach of this Contract or law or are misusing the Services (e.g., violating any of the Dos and Don’ts).
4.5 Automated Processing
We will use the information and data that you provide and that we have about Subscribers to make recommendations for reports, projects, content and features that may be useful to you.
5. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
5.1 No Warranty
To the extent allowed under Law, CIS and its Affiliates (and those that CIS works with to provide services) (a) does not make any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights; (b) do not guarantee that the services will function without interruption or errors, and (c) provide the service (including content and information) on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
Some Laws do not allow certain disclaimers, so some or all of these disclaimers may not apply to you.
We will use reasonable skill and care in providing our Service to you and in keeping a safe, secure, and error-free environment, but we cannot guarantee that our Service will always function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. Whilst CIS endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, it shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. You acknowledge that the Internet or CIS's systems, services and equipment may from time to time be inoperative in full or in part temporarily and without notice as a consequence of but not limited to, mechanical breakdown, maintenance, hardware or software upgrades, telecommunication connectivity problems or other facts beyond the control of CIS. You acknowledge that CIS will not be held liable for any failure or inability to provide continuous, error free, uninterrupted services under these or any other circumstances.
While CIS uses its reasonable efforts to maintain this website in an accurate and up-to-date fashion it may contain some technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors. CIS cannot be held responsible for any mistakes or omissions on this website
You acknowledge that whilst CIS endeavours to ensure that information on the Website and any related material provided to you by CIS, whether by email or otherwise (“the CIS Materials”) is accurate and complete, it is provided only for general information, is not intended to address your particular requirements and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by CIS. You acknowledge that the CIS Materials should not be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment or other business or personal decisions and acknowledge that professional advice should be obtained before making any such decision. You acknowledge that some of the content may be supplied by third parties and the accuracy and completeness of it will not have been checked by CIS. You acknowledge that CIS does not accept liability for any loss or damage incurred and howsoever arising as a result of an error or omission contained on the website or in the CIS Materials.
CIS will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website and the CIS Materials do not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code. However, it is recommended that you should virus check all such materials and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws we, on behalf of our employees, agents, suppliers, and contractors exclude liability for any losses and expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any website with which it is linked. You assume total responsibility for establishing such procedures for data back up and virus checking as you consider necessary.
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favouring by CIS. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of CIS, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
5.3 Limit of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, CIS will not be liable for any loss or damages arising out of or in connection with your use of the website and services. It is your responsibility to comply with GDPR for the collection, storage and use of personal data as a data controller within your business. In no event shall CIS be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from the statements or conduct of any third party or the interruption, suspension or termination of any services, whether such interruption, suspension or termination was justified or not, negligent or intentional, inadvertent or advertent.
5.4 User Indemnities
6. Disabling or Terminating Your Account
CIS reserve the right to cancel your CIS FREE subscription if you do not login to the system after 2 months of signing up. You are welcome to sign back up to this service anytime you wish to avail of our project information.
CIS reserve the right to close your freemium account after 6 months of use if you have not yet upgraded. You may not resubscribe to the CIS Free service again.
Both you and CIS may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other pending completion of the agreed contract term and 30 days’ notice, as specified in 4.1. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Sections 3.2, 5, 7, and 8 of this Contract;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
7. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
All disputes arising out of an alleged breach of this agreement or these conditions shall be referred to an independent arbitrator appointed by agreement between the parties and in default of agreement by the President for the time-being of the Law Society of Ireland.
You agree that the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any controversy or claim of whatever nature arising out of or relating to use of this website, and that the laws of Ireland shall govern such dispute or claim. However, we retain the right to bring legal proceedings in any jurisdiction where we believe that infringement of this agreement is taking place or originating.
8. General Terms
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract.
This Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don't act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that CIS has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that CIS may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 9.
10. Contact Us
If you want to contact us, please contact us:
Online by visiting www.cisireland.com, By email at email@example.com or call us on +353 1 2999 200