€80m is planned to be invested in selected schools for the Schools Summer Works Scheme between 2016 and 2017
The aim of the Summer Works Scheme is to allocate funding to chosen school authorities applicants to undertake small-scale building works which can be carried out during the summer months or at other times that avoid disrupting the operation of the school. See the first round list of 197 approved schools announced on 28th April 2016.
The scheme announced will apply to both 2016 and 2017. Categories of work eligible for funding under this scheme will be prioritised on the following basis:
- Priority/Category 1: Gas Works
- Priority/Category 2: Electrical Works
- Priority/Category 3: Mechanical Works
- Priority/Category 4: Special Needs Projects
- Priority/Category 5: Toilet Facilities
- Priority/Category 6: Roof Works
- Priority/Category 7: Window Projects
- Priority/Category 8: Curricular Requirement Projects
- Priority/Category 9: Other Structural Improvements
- Priority/Category 10: External Environment Projects
Construction Information Services (CIS) will be running a live blog post which will be updated daily as new tenders relating to the Schools Summer Works Scheme 2016/17 enter our database.
To stay up to date with tenders as they arrive on our system for this scheme and thousands of other construction opportunities, follow our updates on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter or visit our website to sign up to CIS FREE and receive 5 project leads per week.